The EPG leads initiatives to connect more specialized academic research in ethics, epistemology and metaphysics to public debates about human flourishing. Some programs are Notre Dame-based (for instance, the GGL Fellows program for undergraduates and a Pedagogy Workshop for grad students and faculty). But we also currently lead three major national/international projects funded by outside grants:
Philosophy as a Way of Life (Funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation). $806k, 2018-2021.
Philosophy and Religion Engaged with the Public Pilot Project (Funded by the John Templeton Foundation). $234k, 2018-2019.
Meet Our EPG Team:
- Principal Investigator: Meghan Sullivan
- Program Coordinator: Justin Christy (PhD 2018, Notre Dame)
- Mellon Post Doctoral Fellow: Paul Blaschko (PhD 2018, Notre Dame)
- Mellon PhD Student: Ross Jensen (3rd Year)
- Mellon PhD Student: Josh Barthuly (2nd Year)
- Undergrad RAs: Sam Kennedy, Julia French, and Conrad Palor.
- Spring 2019 GGL Undergrad Co-Chairs: Emma Shimek, Haley Holden, and Ryan Cook.
- Affiliated ND Faculty: Brian Cutter